Wish Tree Blog Post

I have adopted a tree and its very beautiful, It has long branches but its bark isn’t solid. It has strands that connect to the branches and it looks like this:

It’s very pretty though. Also we have been reading this book called the Wishtree and I thought it was interesting how trees got their names and their meaning, so here is my name and meaning and how I got it.  First my name is Chaniya. It’s an alternate spelling of Hania wich is a Hebrew/Arabic word that means “ a place to rest or happy” 

How I got my name is a funny story actually. My name was going to be Shaniya but my mom and dad wanted it to be unique, so they got my grandma’s help. My grandma’s name is spelled with a C instead of an S and my mom’s name is spelled with a C instead of a K. My other grandma’s name is spelled with a C instead of a K to so my mom and my dad and my grandmas decided to change the spelling of my name and spell it with a C instead of an S. That’s how I got my name. Speaking of names I have named my tree and the animal oh here is a picture of my animal.

The animal’s name is SQUeryl and the tree’s name is ABARKia. While we were reading the Wishtree we learned about optimistic and pessimistic people. An optimistic person always thinks on the bright side and believes things will get better and a pessimistic person believes that nothing will ever get better and always thinks of the worst things that could happen in a situation . I think I am a little bit of both since it all depends on the situation I am in , like if I studied for a test and I knew about it ahead of time then i will be optimistic and believe I will pass, but if I didn’t know about the test and missed my study session, then I would be pessimistic and think that I am not going to do good on the test. I think I am both all depending on the situation I am in.